Thursday 12 May 2011

April 2011


Good to have you visit with me again in The Garden.
I think we will sit in the conservatory this morning the sun is just streaming in, it is so wonderful to feel the warmth after such a cold winter. I have the kettle on and some little iced biscuits, but remember we must not over indulge , me especially as I have not been working in the garden so much, just sitting in doors munching.

Well, Spring is here at last and it does seem to be in a hurry this year, the crab apple is already in bud and also the fruit trees.


Here is a photo of the willow catkins, or lambs tails as my mother used to call them, she was a country woman and knew every wild flower by their old country names, she loved all nature and her garden, and was my inspiration from an early age.


I had my own little piece of garden and the plants there were in my charge, if I forgot to water them and they died mother would say you have to be responsible, give them a little care and you will be rewarded with so much beauty, and as I look around the garden today the beauty just takes my breath away.
I checked out the herbs after the winter and just look at this monster, it’s the parsley how great is this.




Also I think that this flower is really confused, it is of course an antirrhinum, when I emptied the summer bedding from the tubs, some were still fine so I planted them in the garden, and as you can see have been well rewarded.

Also, some silver foliage plants, which I cannot remember the name of and of course have lost the label, they seem to think that it is already summer.



The bluebells are coming through in the wood, not long now before they flower, they have to hurry before the trees get their leaves.


At the moment you can get into the bog, it does not look half as mysterious as it does in the summer, you can even see the stream. My better half and I have one or two projects this summer, well I have the ideas and he makes them work , how lucky am I. So watch this space.



Oh you have to leave, well thank you again for coming, be safe until your next visit with me in The Garden.

Your green fingered friend,
Tina




Published in Creative Crafting April 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment