Thursday 12 May 2011

August 2010

Well hello again, you really have chosen a beautiful day to visit with me in ‘The Garden’. As always first things first, but it may be a little warm for the kettle today, how about a nice cool glass of something cold and refreshing. Maybe we will leave the biscuits as we need to keep our figures to show off our summer clothes. Oh! As I am writing, my better half has just asked if I would like one and what do I say, why yes of course, no will power what so ever.
After the wonderful spring the garden seems as if it just cannot wait to produce just one beautiful flower after another. I have taken so many photo’s. I would like to share them all but would need a whole magazine to myself, and there are lots of other good articles which need space.
So I will stop waffling, and get on with it. The bog, well the bog is looking very overgrown and
mysterious and the wild water irises which I mentioned in the last issue are now out as you will see, they really are lovely.




The foxgloves are wild and do seem to place themselves in the most unusual and sometimes difficult places, but I leave them to do their thin and am rewarded tenfold as you can see.


We have a number of roses, a lot of which are from the cuttings taken, of course even these are
a little unruly as is everything in ‘The Garden’.



Here is a photo of the old tree which had to be taken down last year, we were so sad to see it go. But this year Wow, its back and looking stronger and more beautiful than ever, what a gift.


We do have a wild part of the garden, well yes I know it is a little untamed everywhere, but this is seriously wild and there were lots of caterpillars, I checked in my book but was not sure what variety they were, so I thought I would share the photo with you, they look very sporty don’t they?


I am not writing so much this time as I want to leave room for more photo’s, and I do leave ‘The Garden’ to get on with it at this time of year. Of course there is some weeding to be done, but the main job is the dead heading. I do it on the roses and bedding plants, but not on the aquilegia and foxgloves as I like them to seed. Also there is a lot of tying up to be done everything grows so fast.



I have planted a lot of seeds and bedding plants in pots on the patio and elsewhere but they are just starting to flower so I will photograph them for the next issue. Also, my better half and I have created a green roof, well that was something else, but I thought that I would save that tale for later in the winter when there is not so much going on in the garden as that may take up one issue in its self, with before, during and after photo’s. Well now I bet you can hardly wait!
So I will leave you now and thank you for visiting me again in ‘The Garden’, enjoy the lovely sunshine, and if we do not get too much rain spare a thought for the plants and the birds, they still need water as we do to survive.
’m looking forward very much to your next visit.
Your green-fingered friend

Tina


Published in Creative Crafting Magazine August 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment